Drifting the Midwest
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:09 pm 

musicianrob wrote:
We had no events in 2015.

We may not have any in 2016.

I miss drifting...

Kemper Arena is broke and to be demolished.
Ask if they want to rent out their parking lot. :)
http://binged.it/1ZgUqKJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:53 pm 
Proven Drifter

Holy cow, this thread is a year old. Time flies.

I still think Facebook is the way forward and there's nothing wrong with that. All I think any of us older members, who remember what it used to be like on KCDA, want is a sense of close knit community. We all knew each other even if we didn't actually know each other. It was a pretty tight forum that was moderated to keep it positive and friendly/welcoming. And to me, that's the most important thing and probably feels like what is missing the most.

That said, I've been doing a lot more FB'ing in the past year. The KCDA page is good but it's a page. It's good for announcements but won't ever be able to build a community. O-Drift Collective has a lot of drift events going this year that are just up I-29 which is great for the community. Again, a page for an organization - great for getting info out but not for building a community.

And then there is this group, "KC RWD & Drift" (https://www.facebook.com/groups/559194890816024/). This looks like a positive thing. 210 members right now but surely room to grow. Sadly it's used mainly as a place to sell stuff but that's okay, it keeps it more active. Does anyone know the admins? A group like this is what needs to grow and if the admins (or mods) do things correctly, it will make for a fun, engaged local community. Was this group started by anyone with ties to KCDA? Are there any other KC or midwest drift specific groups you guys use?

Granted, there are still people not on FB. I run into to them every now and then (and I applaud them for it), but on the whole, FB is where things are happening and with the immediate notifications (not an email you have to open and link to) and it being way easier to post from phones, we don't need to resurrect this forum. We just need to bring the community to a more modern platform. I don't really have the patience to load a bunch of pictures into photobucket and then load them link by link into a forum post anymore.