The Kansas City Drift Association

Drifting the Midwest
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself.
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:17 pm 
Feint Drifter

Yo!

I like bacon, and RBs. Tacos are cool too.

Welcome.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 pm 
Drift Newb

Hey all, names Wes

I'm originally from Oklahoma not really new to the drift scene. But plan on moving to the Wichita area sometime soon. So I wanted to get a feel for what the scene is like out there.

I am currently working on my 5th 240 and going with a simple SR with a gt28 (disco potato) and some mild bolt-on's

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:11 am 
Drift Newb

Drift Car: None in real Life. I prefer A few on gran turismo 5. Maybe a R31 Or an unusual car, Like a Volkswagen Phaeton, FPV GT, or maybe a Dodge Dart or something old and untamed.

How I found KCDA: Eric S. Wallen (Facebook) And alittle Google

Drifted since: age 14 Video games Gran Turismo 4 (I sucked, but the physics sucked in that game) Midnight Club Los Angeles was my real serious phase, and now I'm On Gran Turismo 5. That's now Offline. In Real Life? Not at all.

About Me: I make music under the name B4D-W0LF and I made an album for KCDA http://kcdriftassociation.bandcamp.com/ right there, and Also, I have 12 albums and counting on this website : http://b4d-w0lf.bandcamp.com/ and I might start a videography career in Drift Race Filming, or other types of filming editing, Producing videos music art, (yes I made all of my album covers and art and advertisements) I just don't have people listening to my music or equipment.

Preferred Drift Styles: I'd get into tight corners, and leave everyone in the dust from them, but they all catch up to me by the time I shift, so Let's say Slow and Harsh. Pushing them Rpms into the red, but knowing it's all a video game at the end of the day so I don't have to stall the engine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:23 pm 
Drift Newb

Drift Car: '90 Miata, although looking for something else.
How I found KCDA: Internet....
Drifted since: Since I learned to drive, gravel though, so rally...
About me: Just your average guy with a giant beard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:44 pm 
Proven Drifter

Welcome new people.

Why would you want to drift anything besides a miata?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55 am 
Drift Newb

What's up everybody. I am new here as you can tell.

Real name is Adrian
Drift cars are: orange 180sx, white s14, and I just got an s13 but it is a Q series
How I found out about this place: Internet
How long have I been drifting: since about 2009
About me: I am a really cool chill guy. I usually get along with everybody unless you are just a complete jackass. I love cars and everything about them ever since I was like 8 or 9 I believe.I am a newbie ( I can still do like the basic tune ups and such)when it comes to working on them though but I love turning a wrench and learning new thing things.
Preferred drift style: all out lol

I will be moving to Missouri pretty soon so I am just trying to get into the drift seen in the area. Anyways hope to meet you guys one day. Get at me if you want to know more about me. Laters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:27 pm 
Drift Newb

Nice! Welcome aboard everyone.^^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 pm 
Drift Newb

My name is Matt
I'm an mining engineer specializing in blasting and pyrotechnics
I started working on cars in high school and found that I enjoy doing it to blow off steam. I also like problem solving and fabrication so doing new stuff is fun for me.
My car was an 89 rx7 tII. I totaled it and stripped everything and put it in an 88 tII frame, so its more like a series 4.5 fc rx7 now. Ive done some upgrading but mostly just fixing because its my daily driver.
I would like to get to hang out with some other rx7 guys, some tuners and fabricators and learn some new stuff.
I havent gotten too heavy into drifting mainly for a fear of the car falling apart and not being able to go to work, but I would like to eventually.
If it has wheels, I can drive it, some things better than others. Heavy equipment, cars, trucks, tracked vehicles, it all takes practice.
Spirited cruising is my preferred driving style because I dont have the A/C hooked up yet...

Rotary guys, gimme a holler please!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:06 am 
Drift Newb

What's up Matt! Right now I am looking for a 240sx (s14), but I have always wanted a fc lol we will have to hook up sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:43 am 
Drift Newb

My name is Frank Alexander I live in Russell Kansas
I have a burgundy 91 240 SX her name is "Veronica" LOL
When I moved here from Maryland first thing I did was Google drift forums around the local area and you guys popped up
I have to admit my drifting seat time is limited but I've loved it from the beginning
A little bit about myself let's see i'm 38 years old married for the second time I have two daughters of my own and a step daughter and a son with my wife now
My first introduction that I can remember to drifting live was at Summit point Raceway at hyperfest after that weekend I went and found my first drift car 1986 Toyota Corolla hatchback with the 4AC needless to say it was very underpowered and there wasn't a whole lot of drifting going on then a buddy of mine got a Corolla coop with the 4agGZE that was my first real drifting experience it was at a roller skating rink parking lot LOL I was hooked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:54 pm 
Drift Newb

Hi. I am jimmy. I have a lexus and it has lots of power.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:33 pm 
Drift Newb

Hey guys! My name is Jayne. March 21st will be the one year anniversary since learning about the beautiful sport of Drifting. I am absolutely in love with it. My best friend has a '92 240 s13 coupe, so that's what I know most about.

I went to all the drift events in Topeka last year, such a fun time. People keep telling me I should ride along with someone but honestly, I want to drive! I have access to '93 240 that is just sitting, going to waste. If I spent the summer working on it and saving money for tires, maybe in time I can learn to drift.

I just need a teacher.

I have several videos from last year, I will try to go through them and get them posted on the FB page. (Or here? Not sure if I can post videos in a forum.) If you were there, drifting, I may have taped you.

I know its predominantly a male sport but I'd still love to take part in it! And hopefully get to know some of you along the way. I live just south of Olathe and plan to be at the events - and some of the meetups KCDrift holds.

Hope everyone is loving this weather that has arrived and getting out there to work on their babies!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:24 am 
Proven Drifter

Welcome aboard! Based on your plan of saving up over the summer, I'm going to guess you are young. That's fine and I'm not talking down to you. If I can lend one piece of advice that will pay dividends, find yourself a good running/solid car from the start. Something you can hop in and enjoy straight away with no need to "build". It will be cheaper in the long run and more importantly (since I'm assuming it will be your sole means of transportation) reliable. The ideal car might not be a 240SX - sure the aftermarket parts are plentiful, but, for what 240's are going for these days, don't rule out other suitable options. E46 BMWs. SN95 New Edge Mustang.

Again, not talking down to you. Just trying to lend helpful advice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:57 pm 
Drift Newb

Hey there!

- My name is Zea' (like the letter "Z"). Although I've kinda ended up with the nic name of Fairlady since I like them A LOT (Don't know much about them besides the basics, but I want to learn.)
- Drift car: Don't have one yet. I'm looking into an SN95 or New Edge with a 4.6L or possibly dropping a 5.0 in one. I've owned two daily Stangs; stick and auto. I hate the auto, which is my current one. I'm looking into a Stang because I'm comfortable with getting them sideways. Eventually I want to branch out to a 240 hatch or post '91 300zx.
-How I got interested: I've always had a thing for getting sideways. I started in Need For Speed games. The want became strong when I went to Street Car Takeover, this year, and got to see the Angry Panda and got to meet the creator/driver (leaving his name out for confidentiality).
How I found KCDA: Someone mentioned y'all and I just had to look into it. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
-Extra: I love cars; especially muscle. I work for a local Nissan dealer, so I'm learning a bit here and there about JDM. Another reason I'm thinking of a Stang for a first drifter is 'cause mine is almost always broken to the point I just about know my way completely around the car and can find my way decently around a FoMoCo mod motor. I'm also going to Longview for auto body. I decided to join to learn and maybe get some ideas as to what to do.
Style: Right now, give me a loose or gravel road and I can get a bit sideways. Beyond that, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm going to keep trying.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:58 am 
Proven Drifter

Welcome.

Not much happens on this board anymore, most events and things are posted on the facebook page now.
https://www.facebook.com/KCDrift?fref=ts might work, or search Kansas City Drift Assoctiation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:22 am 
Drift Newb

I might as well post here anyway...everything is dead.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:31 pm 
Event Coordinator

Midnight couture wrote:
I might as well post here anyway...everything is dead.

Hi.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:57 am 
Drift Newb

So I guess a resurrection is in order, I have a deep passion for the JDM and help others keep the passion new. Plan to be around for a while. Every bit of research I have done for the past few weeks keeps bringing me to the kcdrift forums with great information and what sometimes seems like lost talent. (Found many google images tucked away in this forum) anyway, ill be here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:25 am 
Proven Drifter

Welcome midnight boards are deadish. Facebook groups really took a toll on it.

~For tire discount/Group buy click below~
http://forums.kcdrift.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8251#p84674

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:03 pm 
Proven Drifter

It's true.

This gets like 4-5 posts.... a month.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:32 pm 
Proven Drifter

Is there an actual KC drift group on FB? I know about the page but a group would be more useful. Kind of restimulate the forum nature just on the platform more people use now. The FB page is good for announcements and such but it's limited on how involved members can be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:17 pm 
Proven Drifter

If there is group they should make a portal on the main website that asks if you want to go to the fb page or continue to the forums.

~For tire discount/Group buy click below~
http://forums.kcdrift.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8251#p84674

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:25 pm 
Event Coordinator

The drift group thing has been tried a few times and doesn't take off locally.

Facebook groups have advantages and shortfalls:

- Same platform people are already using
- Alerts when someone posts on your thread
- Tie ins with Messenger and now payments
- Threaded replies
- Better usability on Mobile

- Difficult to search / cross-reference
- Subject to Facebook updates and possibly removing / changing functionality
- Ads

I still think the answer for us is to set up something like Discourse, but that will take a decent amount of time to convert. I started the process months (maybe years?) ago, and never finished it because people just weren't interested. If we want to revive this community, I can definitely work on it again and see where we get.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:54 pm 
Drift Newb

•Drift Car: was my 1984 AE86 Drift missle till it was towed.
•How I found KCDA: Moved to Platte City for job and needed to find a Drift outlet, lucky me!
•Drifted since: Started real drifting in 2013 with my white FR-S, I didn't get a lot of seat time due to dedication in autocross and Time Attack, and the fact the original Drift Venue was discontinued. (Still a newb)
•About Me: I am the founder of Patriot Project Motorsports, which is a veteran run non-profit entity that raises money through motorsports to help our wounded vets! The birth place of PPM was @ Drift Basic, South Carolina in 2013. We create shirts for motorsports events, so if you want us to come out and put up our booth, contact me @ Christopher.knight.ppm@gmail.com, our website is still in the works. I've been doing motorsports for the past 4 years, and it has been exhilarating! I have more experience with autocross, and then Time Attack Racing, I hail from GA, and my home track is Road Atlanta. I have spent some time with Pro Drifters Such as Fredrick Aasbo and Ken Gushi. They are both really great people to meet and talk too! (no I have not driven against them, just shared the track with them). We are also associated with Global Time Attack, and work very closely with its own to help create shirts for his events, The owner Jason Dienhart is a true professional and a man of his word, he is a true supporter of our program and I couldn't ask for a better event hoster!
•Preferred Drift Styles: I guess Im so much a newb I'm unaware there is a style.. Slidewayz anyone?
•Etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:11 pm 
Proven Drifter

Welcome to the basically dead forums.

Most of the event info and stuff is now just posted on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/KCDrift/

And the buy sell page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3942197 ... ?ref=br_rs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47