The Kansas City Drift Association

Drifting the Midwest
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Introduce Yourself.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:06 am 
KCDA Co-Founder

Welcome to KCDA-Online.com. This is a thread dedicated to introducing yourself to the KCDA. A simple introduction will do, just with a few bits of info about yourself and what you drift.

Example:
  • Drift Car: White 1998 Nissan 240SX SE.
  • How I found KCDA: Co-Founded it. (No pun)
  • Drifted since: I drifted for years in video games before I could outside of them. I've been drifting real cars since 06.
  • About Me: I'm more of an introvert, so don't think I don't like you if I don't have much to say. I'm always open to advice, I believe communication is what makes better drifters, and it's just as important as practice. I live a very asain philosophy influenced life. Every day in every way, I try to become a better person, following in the steps of many great philosphers, yet taking my own path at the same time.
  • Preferred Drift Styles: Everything, give me a road and I'll see what options I have.
  • Etc.
Something like that will do for whoever wants to introduce themselves on here. If any of your info changes, don't be afraid to hit that Edit button.

Thanks,

Vin and the KCDA.

Last edited by Vin on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:40 am 
Proven Drifter

Sup guys,

My name is Alexey Sergiyenko (its russian)
Drift machine is a 2005 Nissan 350Z - Enthusiast model in Pikes Peak White
I found KCDA through GTplanet forums...I drift in Gran Turismo, and I saw a post by Vin, and his sig had a link to this site.

More about me:
I started drifting in december of 2004|I can be very arrogant w/o knowing| I've got lots of drift experience - doesnt mean im good, but I got knowledge that others dont, so if I see someone doing something that i used to do wrong, ill try to give them some advice on how to fix it...If i do this to you, do NOT be insulted.  I'm just trying to help you fix it faster then it took me.  If u dont want my advice (that i give WAYYY too often) just tell me u want to learn on ur own.   :)  sry just had to get that out.

Also as far as drift style:
I started with what I think everyone needs to know...The 360/circle/ the donut.
They teach u proper steering control and throtle modulation to keep or change angle at ur hand or foot's comand.
Then i moved onto much larger 2nd gear 360's which taught me proper RPM and speed nessesary to maintain oversteer and still contain the size and direction of the circle.
Then ofcourse i tried brake drift, but my car's front brake bias is like 3 to 1 or something like that so no matter how hard i tried and how long i practiced i cant get it to rotate.
Then i met my close friend, the side (E) brake... everyone thinks its cheap and a way to make up for skill, but it needs to be experienced to move to the next level...it helps you think outside the box of regular techniques.

I also drive occasionally on what has been called the "devil's backbone." a little windy section of southern mission.  only there have i ever gotten the car to rotate under braking and/or shift lock.

Last edited by TougeZnut on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:29 am 
KCDA Co-Founder

Derek Fintel

89' Nissan 240sx

I started drifting April of 05' but for the past four and half months I haven't had a car so I haven't really been drifting that long in all. I like to help people and support my friends by teaching them the best I know. I as well as my friends are open to any comments/suggestions/advice whatever you may have, because we're not the best and we'll admit that we all still have a lot to learn. I have been drifting on GT3 and GT4 for awhile now (Its all that I have been able to do since I haven't had a car).

My drifting technique is more or less a combination of Feint, Power Over, some Braking, and Kansei (Interia). I'm not real big on E-braking because I pretty much burnt myself out on it a long time ago and moved on to more technical styles. I'm big into higher speed Kansei drifting (50mph + is considered higher speeds to me) but yet there aren't very many parking lots where you can practice at those speeds, at least in my area.

Kevin and I have internships at Dieman Motorsports (which has been an awesome experience) so if anyone needs anything done to their car or needs parts we highly recommend going and checking out the shop and we usually there most of the time any how so if you can't get ahold of us by chance via email, the site, whatever swing down to the shop and we'll most likely be there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:38 pm 
Drift Newb

[font=Tahoma]Hey all, I'm Gunnar.  Live in Topeka, KS.

I've got a drift-built AE86 and I've grown up on gravel roads so kicking the rear end out in a vehicle is nothing new to me, but I'm still trying to get good enough with this thing to where I wouldn't be embarassed to do it in front of people. :D

I found the site because my friend Rachel had it in her sig on another site.[/font]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:40 am 
Proven Drifter

Drift Car: S14 zenki base model 4 lug

How I found KCDA: Yahoo search.

Drifted since: who knows.

About Me: I'm big into the Nissan/Infiniti scene, I started the KC Nissan/Infiniti bi-weekly meets back in late 02 and kept them going until I left of Phoenix, AZ in Aug. 04, from there I went on to organize and coordinate all of the meets on the westside of Phoenix, turning into meets for all of Phoenix and developed somewhat of a scene out there b4 I moved back here in Aug. 05 after graduating top of my class at UTI, which was a mistake to attend...  I've been with NICO since '01,  and has now become the largest Nissan/Infiniti enthusiast site on the net... worldwide... period.  I became a moderator in '02 and meet coordinator since which blossomed into helping coordinate the first ever co-hosted event with NOPI in March of '05 with the first NICO/NOPI all Nissan/Infiniti Nationals.  During my time down there I was deeply involved with the AZ240sx crew and due to living within 15 mins of Phoenix Int'l Raceway, attended every drift event they had since the beginning of running drift events with NASA, a sanctioning body for driving events, though due to finances being tight was never able to participate...  Now that i'm back i've started working on getting a meet scene back up and running for the KC area Nissan/Infiniti guys again and appears to be progressing successfully.  I've had my car for a long time, I love it, and honestly am bigger into grip driving and road courses than I am into drifting, however after being around a majority of friends that have engulfed themselves in it, it tends to rub off... I'm all about track events and would love to get another sanctioning body up here aside from SCCA to host events, but unless we get another road course aside from Heartland Park, that won't be happening.

Preferred Drift Styles: feint, weight transfers > e-brake

Etc.: ummm, I like severe weather and wanted to be a meteorologist since I was 7.  HA!

-Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:19 am 
Proven Drifter

Car: 1987 325is

Found site: Google.com

Drifted since: Was born

About me: Well i have been big into Bmw's since i was young and love how they drive and fell while drving them. That is the only cars i have owned and probally will until i can't drive. I really dont like to drift I like to keep it to the track and love to do autocorss. So i am not one who like to jack up there car on the street and have to tow it home that is not me. So i really don't like to drift but i do like to watch it.

Preferred Drift Styles: Go all out or go home.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:10 am 
Power Drifter

Drift Truck: '99 Ford F-150 stepside

How I found KCDA: It came to me in a dream, so I searched.

Drifted since: Atari.

About Me: I live in a smaller town, not too many twisties.  Ive been out of the game a while since I wrecked my car about a year ago (if you want to hear the story pm me)  Since then Ive gone to RWD in the form of an F-150.  Its a pig but it gets sideways with over 300ft lbs and that's what im all about.  Im in college and love cars, I carry lots of tools in my vehicle, so if u catch a wall, get on the cb and call.

Preferred Drift Styles: Rain or ice...maybe snow

I don't drift but I appreciate almost all aspects of automotive performance, as well as some of the projects done just to set a car apart.

My Motto: do it right or do not do it at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:17 pm 
Kansei Drifter

92 S13 coupe, S14 SR20DET VVT, darton sleeves, weisco pistons, eagle rods, HKS cams/gears/springs/retainers, .20 over, S15 injectors, sard FPR, T04B90 V1/V2 turbo, tubular top mount manifold, Greddy Oil Cooler, Greddy FMIC, MR pulley's, HKS SSQV, HKS Hiper Max II coilovers, whiteline rear sb, whiteline TC rod bushings, kayabe 3 puck unsprung hub clutch kit, VLSD, silvia front end conversion, Z32 brake upgrade with cross-drilled slotted all 4 corners, Greddy TT, MBC, PDM RUCA's, PDM forward toe links, russell SS braided lines, stage 1 weight reduction, roll cage going in soon, tial 38mm wastegate, safcII, 255lph pump, and a couple other things here and there that I'll keep to myself for now........

been drifting for about 4 years now, met some of you awhile back.......

and I see my old hachi is here on the board....you treating it well?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:43 pm 
Proven Drifter

Name: Dave Sturgeon
Car: 1991 240sx Coupe, Tein HE coilovers, Tein tie rods, battle version RUCA's and rear toe arms, Greddy strut bars, SPL tension rods, OEM J30 VLSD, and a KA-T project being put together in my garage.  

Found KCDA: was told of it at last nico meet

drifted since begining of 05

About me:
Just turned 21 last moneth and enjoying it:)  Im a tech at Stanley automotive(free used tires FTW)
I recently got my lisence back about 2 months ago.  Had it suspended for 3 months and im still on traffic diversion, So i havnt done much drifting lately.  Kinda waiting for some legal events to be organized around here.  

Drift style:  Well.....i like parking lots, ghymkana style stuff.  Light poles are fun to slide around, I just like to get crazy.  If you dont wreck ocassionaly, your not practicing hard enough.

couple pics of my car:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:29 pm 
Drift Newb

hi my name is ben.  iv got a 89 240sx with a silvia front.  due to an unfortunate accident its been out of commision for about 6 or 7 months.  i kinda got the back of a pickup on the highway.  i live here in KC and posted on NICO and Matej pasted me a link here.  i have been driving 240sxs for a few years now.  by the way i used to have a VLSD they are great for drifting.  im kinda new to online forms so sorry.  anyone got any idea where i could get an SR20det from around here.  right now im looking for body parts (stupid trucks driving the speed limit).  also if you have ideas on that i need a hood grill(i want the one that says silvia and fenders).  

thank you
             Silviaracer85 out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:26 pm 
Drift Newb

hello, my name is todd. Fint told be about this site. I drive an '88 rx-7 turbo. I'm into autox, not so much into drifting as going as fast as possible around the cones8) I do enjoy hanging the tail out on occasion though!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:31 am 
Heads up people!
Name:Wes
Found site:  via TougeZnut
Ride: 1998 S14MC SE-5spd manual...of course
Previous Ride: 1987 SKYLINE R31
Drift Crew: DRIFT FACTION
Drift style: Shift lock,Feint
Drifting since 1992 on and off

I got into the drift groove while stationed in Okinawa,Japan with the Marine Corps back in 1990.  I speak the local lingo(in Japan,that is) so I'm able to translate your drifting dvds to an extent.

Age wise I likely have more in common with most of your parents than most of you all. This doesn't mean I'm bitter,it means I'm all about the motorsports,not kiddie games and B.S.

I only drive a RPS13 beacause some dumbass kid thinks an S13 is somehow cooler than an S14 or S15. Maybe they will get it right in NFSU III,if there is one (yes I'm a little upset!)See you punks online!

On a serious note,I'm somewhat of a resident expert on the Kouki S14 and can therefore provide advice on the do's and don'ts with this car.(I've researched it a long time)

You may usually find me on the street
where light and shadow often meet
let whomsoever get up the nerve
to join me deep amongst the curves...

[/u]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:28 pm 
Drift Newb

Name: James

Car: '97 Pontiac Trans Am

How I found KCDA: Last night a buddy and I were out cruising in his Camaro, we heard what sounded like a 3 min long burnout, went to investigate. Instead of some punk kid doing donuts it's a whole bunch of drifters. We watched and talked with ppl, now I'm here!

I don't know a whole lot about drifting. But it looks like alot of fun, so I'll stick around and maybe ya can talk me into getting the TA sideways.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:39 am 
Drift Newb

Name: Cody

Drift Car: 86' 325 ES

I've been drifting a rear wheel drive for about 4 months now, i started out in need for speed yea i know pretty lame, but then i moved to FF in my celica, accord, and eclipse, then like i said i got the bmw and it is by far the greatest car i've ever driven and an insanely good drift car for being stock im sure some of you could agree. you probably have seen me on the streets of olathe, lenexa, or o.p. i seem to roam all 3 cities during the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:52 am 
KCDA Co-Founder

Hey man everybody starts out some how, but yeah your bmw is kick ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:41 pm 
Proven Drifter

dont have a drifting car yet. but i am soon to buy an ae86 really soon. but right now i drive a 83 hatchback civic.
found the site: friend steve told me about it.
my facination with cars started with la mans and jgtc. i always thought the more turns the better. haha. then my cousin showed me some of the touge showdowns and i fell in love with that and with the touge stuff, drift and that came hand in hand. and i love 80's cars. yeah i have yet to raise money to actualy fund my facination.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:25 pm 
Drift Newb

Name: Alon

Drift Car: NONE!

How I Found KCDA: Fint and Kevin told me about it.

About Me: I'm an 18 year old Korean. Headed to KU in the fall. Honda S2000 is my favorite car, hopefully one day I'll get one. I used to have an Afro.

Drift Style: None cause I don't have a drift car. I guess we'll find out when/if i ever get a RWD car.  :x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:37 am 
Proven Drifter

name:nik
drift car:AE86
about me:some of you guys know me,and alot of you dont.ive been drifting for a few years now but im not as good as some of you think i am.cars not running yet.still working on motor,but when i do get it up and running ill see you guys out there.maybe fint a really good place to go to.i do have some in mind that i found and been to.

Last edited by Drift on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:37 pm 
Proven Drifter

Drift\";p=\"1665 wrote:
hi.

Aloha.

-Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:54 am 
Drift Newb

* Drift Car: black 83 RX-7 roadster ( i miss my 10th anniversary  :cry:  )

* How I found KCDA: somebody at a junkyard cornered my friend. hehe

* Drifted since: I got into drifting around 96.  havent participated in any meets or sanctioned events.  I prefer the solace of quiet roads.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 pm 
KCDA Co-Founder

Welcome to KCDA man!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:40 pm 
Drift Newb

Drift car:  87 RX-7 beater
How I found KCDA:  I'm the guy that was cornered at the junkyard!
Drifted since:  well, not much at all.  Just started getting into it a couple of years ago, but I haven't found any good places to practice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:57 pm 
Proven Drifter

My names Eric. I have a 92 240sx convertible. you probably saw me a few nights back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next