The Kansas City Drift Association

Drifting the Midwest
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:43 am 
Drift Newb

Hello all, let me just say, im going to be the worst poster in here. Here is an example, i got this car over a year a ago from a guy on craigslist in topeka. Some of the old school guys will recognize it. Shes been through a few different hands, been wrecked, smashed, abused, forgotten, sold, torn apart. Thats where this all started. Ive had a few s13s but mostly just drop and street play cars. Honestly thats all i want out of this one. I complained to my girl for years about wanting the perfect s13 (hey ladies, shes an ex now ;) )my dream is a white no sunroof coupe, OEM body maybe simple simple kit, low as fk some sort of jdm 90s wheels and keep it ka. kinda the look of the era. So when the ad on cl came up "240sx shell $400" the call was made and the trailer was hooked up. I forget now his name, Hell of good honest guy, made me a sweet deal on it, pushed her on and 2 hours later we were home. Totally gutted, no door glass, no usable harness, rusty, beat, broken. But no sunroof! Finally
This is how i got her, when i said shell holy crap. the control arms didnt even have nuts on them.
so no hood, the fenders where both smashed from a wall hit the front aprons and upper rails were smashed to one side. The radiator support had been cut off already and it was a total hack job. so the next plan was to buy a parts car. back to craigslist to buy an even rustier hatch but it had a half way cleanish clip and a motor for a buddies car so that was a done deal.
sorta maybe kinda took the long way home and hit a few corners maybe. after i cut my "new" rsp off the hatch the tear down continued, remember i said she was rusty
so on and so forth
kinda always wanted a hatch vert

will post more later when i have some time. Thanks to all who read all that crap.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 pm 
Drift Newb

Good luck on the project! Hopefully you were able to source most everything you needed from the second shell.

The nicest thing about having a blank shell is at least you can get rid of all the rust now if you want to go through all that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:37 am 
Drift Newb

Rust in the floor, rockers, rails, and trunk floor. But not any more. Hooked up the frame machine and pulled her all back straight and got to patching up. Made new lower rear quarters and inners. Came out pretty fair. Pics soon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:18 pm 
Proven Drifter

If you want another hatch shell let me know. Its mostly rust free but it is just a shell. If you want it for parts let me know, you can have it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:48 pm 
Drift Newb

That's so awesome. Gonna do some undercoating on the chassis while it's stripped?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:16 pm 
Drift Newb

few pictures of the rust issue on the coupe. made new sheet metal and welded her up.
the drivers footwell area
rocker on the drivers side, needed both skin and inner
shaped up a new a quarter lower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:09 am 

Awesome. I've needed to do this body work for awhile!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 am 
Drift Newb

Nerfherder wrote:
Awesome. I've needed to do this body work for awhile!

hahaha well im not so great at wiring so i do what i know first. Your car looks pretty clean tho.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:00 pm 
Drift Newb

then it was a matter of finishing up the inner wheel wells and patching up the frame rail on the drivers side.
before setting it up on the frame machine to pull the rails back where they belong to weld in the rsp from the hatch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:16 pm 

Where are you located, because I'm not too bad at wiring and I could probably use some help on the body work?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:08 pm 
Drift Newb

Nerfherder wrote:
Where are you located, because I'm not too bad at wiring and I could probably use some help on the body work?

im way up in this crappy town know as omaha :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:25 pm 
Drift Newb

after that little issue was sorted, it was time to get the front pulled back around properly
to correct this small issue and fix the hack job cut off support that was on there.
note all the cracks in the tower lol, she was abused. thank god she was on the underprivileged car adoption program known as craigslist
there all better

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:12 am 
Proven Drifter

Wow. Resurrection! Lots of work going in to this thing.