The Kansas City Drift Association

Drifting the Midwest
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:47 pm 
Proven Drifter

power steering was gone before I bought the car... I don't think its sealed and packed...

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:52 pm 
Proven Drifter

Motor and tranny are in... Went in flawlessly but have a major problem right now... The steering linkage is hitting the header and I cannot turn the wheel to the right at all... Screwed right now. Thats all I feel...

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 pm 
Proven Drifter

Well long days work... Motor and tranny is in... Fixed the steering rack linkage clearance issue... Pulled a Because Racecar on it... Shaved it down and welded the linkage straight to the rack... Success! Have to say I am very pleased with the new aluminum steering rack bushing... It most definitely made a hell of a difference in the feel of the steering compared to the stock rubber piece of shit! Going to grind down the welds tomorrow morning and then start kicking ass on the wiring... Have a lot of shredded old harness I've got to go through due to thieves... After that I'm going to burn the stuff I don't need and sell the copper... lol

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:49 pm 
Proven Drifter

i have a custom made dual cam harness that will run a motor on a engine stand if you need a blueprint for wiring

~For tire discount/Group buy click below~
http://forums.kcdrift.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8251#p84674

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:28 pm 
Proven Drifter

cramms wrote:
i have a custom made dual cam harness that will run a motor on a engine stand if you need a blueprint for wiring

All of the main harness is already plugged into the motor... Its just everything else I need to figure out where it all goes... I just wish I knew someone around Topeka who could help me finish off the wiring... lights and all of that stuff... Plus I need to figure out where the dash plug is under the dashboard... Converted the dohc plug to the sohc plug thanks to an awesome 3 part tutorial on youtube... Other than that once wiring is done I'm home free and all I'll need to do is hook it to a battery and be off! lol

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:08 pm 
Proven Drifter

what lights does your harness not work anymore?

If your referring to the plug where it goes to the ecu it would be in a kick panel on passenger side and the connector to the dash harness is right up there as well under the dash.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:19 pm 
Proven Drifter

The harness works, I just haven't plugged in the lights yet... Going to do that tomorrow morning... Yeah I was referring to that connector... Sweet now I can finally get that set up! I'll take some pictures tomorrow of which ones I need help with... Other than that the car just needs a battery, oil filter, and liability insurance lmfao!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:21 pm 

I thought we discussed all this wiring before. Didn't I give you the links to the youtube vids?
Ya, what lights are you talking about? Let us know, so we can help! I wanna see this car at the event Saturday, even if you don't drive in the event, I wanna see it!
:!: :!: DON'T FORGET THAT YOU HAVE TO USE A DUAL CAM TACH :!: :!: the single cam tach won't work!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 pm 
Proven Drifter

Nerfherder wrote:
I thought we discussed all this wiring before. Didn't I give you the links to the youtube vids?
Ya, what lights are you talking about? Let us know, so we can help! I wanna see this car at the event Saturday, even if you don't drive in the event, I wanna see it!
:!: :!: DON'T FORGET THAT YOU HAVE TO USE A DUAL CAM TACH :!: :!: the single cam tach won't work!

Just like the headlights and stuff... Yeah it was those videos from earlier... Seriously the tach wont work??? Even with the wiring converted??? Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Personally I don't even know what tach I have in the car... I really don't know... I'll have to show you... As for being there at the drift event its gonna be close thats for sure... lol

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 pm 
Proven Drifter

Well its looking good now about getting the car done by Friday night... Hopefully selling a bunch of copper will get me enough to get the car insured so I can atleast drive it to HPT Saturday to screw around and watch you cats do drifty things! Just going to have to bite the bullet and sit this one out... But thankfully all the parts are accounted for... Getting a battery and belt tomorrow... Just going to run a small belt from the crank to the water pump until I have a little bit more cash to run the ka-e single belt mod... Onevia is getting there! Friday into Saturday is going to be an epic time!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 am 
Proven Drifter

So here are the pics of what I need help with... The pics are in random order... Sorry about that bear with me... Hopefully you guys can identify these and tell me where they are supposed to go...

Obviously below is the wiper motor... Just not sure where the connector is.. Fak.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:38 am 
Proven Drifter

the pics are to close to get orientation, but picture

Picture
#4 is maf sensor and possibly air temp sensor
#6 looks like Throlle position sensor
#9 is alternator plug

Looks like your egr has been deleted from the dual cam some of them are egr plugs

pg #98

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/91-94/EL.pdf

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:28 pm 

Picture #1-is a diode/relay and doesn't go to anything.
Picture #2-these two connectors go the the front and rear washer motors or the washer fluid level switch.
Picture #3-both go to the positive battery terminal.
Picture #4 & 5-the 4 pin connector goes to the maf sensor. The 2 pin connector goes to the power steering oil pressure sensor, which you don't have to have. It tells the ecu when the steering is at full lock to kick up the idle. Its nice though, hook it up!
Pictures 6,7 & 9 - ALTERNATOR. If its the same plug in all three pictures!
Picture #8 - F9 goes to lower engine harness E10.

Tada!!!! Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 pm 
Proven Drifter

Nerfherder wrote:
Picture #1-is a diode/relay and doesn't go to anything.
Picture #2-these two connectors go the the front and rear washer motors or the washer fluid level switch.
Picture #3-both go to the positive battery terminal.
Picture #4 & 5-the 4 pin connector goes to the maf sensor. The 2 pin connector goes to the power steering oil pressure sensor, which you don't have to have. It tells the ecu when the steering is at full lock to kick up the idle. Its nice though, hook it up!
Pictures 6,7 & 9 - ALTERNATOR. If its the same plug in all three pictures!
Picture #8 - F9 goes to lower engine harness E10.

Tada!!!! Hope this helps!

Thank you SO MUCH man! This helps me big time!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:56 am 
Proven Drifter

I'll be at the next drift event for sure. Bet your ass I will be!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:43 am 
Proven Drifter

Been awhile since I've posted. Bunch of changes have been made... Me and my buddy have done some work to the Coupe in the recent weeks... Sold my 17x10 Cobra replicas and adapters to finish the car and will probably just buy some cheap SE 7 spokes to throw on. We swapped out the alternator brackets from dual over head alternator brackets to single overhead cam brackets to eliminate the issue of running power steering and air conditioning which turned out absolutely awesome. So now the engine is running one single belt for the crank, alternator, and waterpump. We also installed the DIY auto to manual clutchline to eliminate having to bend and run a hardline. Almost there! Its just been wayyy too hot and humid to work on anything the past week... (I really wish I had an air conditioned garage!!!) Other than those new parts being installed I'm just trying to figure out the rest of the wiring junk. Battery grounds and such... We tried test firing the car with no luck... Hopefully its just the grounds giving us problems. I'd really hate it to be something stupid like something unplugged in the dash. (I'd really not be happy if I had to take the dash out which I might anyway just to see if everything is plugged in) Thats about it! Really doesn't need much more work besides getting hooked up right, axles tightened, hood drilled out for the pens, the bumper put on, and gassed up! You'll probably see me and the car at the next event... Not planning on running it anytime soon out there though...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:00 pm 
Proven Drifter

SILVIA LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:08 pm 
Proven Drifter

Ok so before I bought the motor it had a high idle problem, staying at 2k, so before we put this motor in we replaced the iacv... started it up a few minutes ago and still idles high and I'm not sure at what rpm either because I don't have a dohc tach yet...