The Kansas City Drift Association

Drifting the Midwest
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:06 pm 
Proven Drifter

my car is like a tuxedo t-shirt because it says i want to be formal but im also here to party

i have had this car for a year now and i figured sense im starting my new job i would post a little build thread because im going to have some cash flow and will be able to put money into it now

back round to my car
89 cressida
n/a 2jz
auto :(
dropped on s14 tein stech springs

the plan for now is to take my n/a 2jz out because it to get it running right on 2jz electronics and to 5speed swap it will cost a little over half of what it will to just 1j swap it so thats why thats happening. this thread will be going really slow because im not going to be able to get the motor for about 2-3 mounts. im hoping i will have it running reliably by june/july so i can hit up a few events this year but we will see how that goes. as of right now i still cant decide if i want to keep my ac or remove it because it will be so nice on hot days and road trips (whats your guys opinion). i also cant decide if i want to save some money and weld my diff or get a legit 2 way lsd because, i also want to hit up a few road courses and i dont know how fun that will be with a welded diff (whats your guys opinions). other then that im just doing basic stuff 3in exhaust, serial nine coil overs, solid diff, sub frame bushings, and rca. then after that have some fun destroying the car.

hopefully ill starts ripping the motor out and ripping the front end off here in the next few days

here is a picture form the guy tha owned in in atl that did a shitty job cutting the springs
only snow the car has ever seen on its way from atl to omaha
after tein stech springs
how it sits now with fenders rolled and 15x8 0 offset riken meshie wheels (might be interested in selling them)
the swap thats in it now

Last edited by thejrman on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: my tuxedo t-shit
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 pm 
Proven Drifter

did you mean to spell shirt wrong or do you call your car your "t-SHIT"

Email: ProfoundMotorsports@gmail.com

Click here to read the build of The Profound Motorsports S14! - 8----> http://forums.kcdrift.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7389

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:21 pm 
Proven Drifter

yes and no lol i do call it a piece of shit all the time lol

but i also typed most of this earlier and just got home and finished and didnt look it over

edit i also have dyslexia so i miss spell alot of stuff

Post subject: Re: my tuxedo t-shirt
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 am 
Kansei Drifter

That's a baller build I likey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:14 am 
Proven Drifter

Rolando_JDM wrote:
did you mean to spell shirt wrong or do you call your car your "t-SHIT"

does the t stand for The

because cressidas are the shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 pm 
King of Pics and Vids

MrAcura-te wrote:
because cressidas are the shit.

fact.

and keep the a/c.

STREET OR DIE!
http://blackmarket666.tumblr.com
http://www.suitteamdriftsquad.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:25 pm 
Proven Drifter

A/C and power steering FTW.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 pm 
Proven Drifter

power steering is staying for sure and the a/c will all come down to room for the front mount. ill just have too see how much cutting ill have to do to the bumper support or if ill have to get a bash bar made. i guess we shall see

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:08 pm 
Kansei Drifter

There is always room. Just gotta make it lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:15 pm 
Proven Drifter

asianbob! wrote:
There is always room. Just gotta make it lol

thats what she said..

sweet whip man!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:30 pm 
Feint Drifter

Ditch the A/C for sure. On my rexes I always ditch the power steering correctly by cutting the seals out of the rack and welding the spindle. Feels a million times better afterwards, whether it be everyday driving or at speed. Lots of weight to be lost, at only the expense of an overweight unnecessary luxury and a pump acting as a buffer between your hands and the tires. What the fuck does bang a gong mean? Fucking Ministry...

1988 Mazda RX-7 (#50 CSP SCCA Solo)
1987 Mazda RX-7 TII
1986 Chevy RX-7
1989 Mazda RX-7 Convertible (Field Car/LeMons Candidate)
1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm 
Proven Drifter

im good on removing the power steering i have driven a cressida without power steering and it was no fun.

the only real point for me to remove the a/c is because even if i make room for the fmic im afraid that if/when i bump a wall with the front of the car (im still a noob) it will smash the intercooler because there wont be much clearance around it. but like i said i wont know till i have a front mount to see what kind of room i have up there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:31 pm 
Feint Drifter

Did the car you drove have non-working power steering (which would also include an improperly-done job such as either only removing the belt and/or looping the lines), or was it a true manual/modified rack? I know nothing about your car, but glancing around, I see that it could weigh anywhere up to 3450 lbs, in which case it definitely may not be so fun. But then, why put money into trying to make such a tank "fast"? I'm all for originality (Wouldn't want to be like all these 240 folk, wouldja? Especially that Louis character... I've heard awful tales... :wink:), but you're going to have a mighty fun time dumping money into a ton-und-heif car to try to get it to do things a lighter car would do for much cheaper. Anyways, I don't mean ta infringe on your personal choices, just talking out of my ass. And as far as your intercooler placement: don't hit shit. If you don't want to damage your money and hard work and time, don't risk it by sliding around like a dumbass. Kick it at some track days and maybe find a lighter beater to really thrash on, or fuck Sandy Ravage and fly to the moon with all that foil.

1987 Mazda RX-7 TII
1986 Chevy RX-7
1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:45 am 
Proven Drifter

no clue how my buddy did it all i know is it sucks i like my power steering.

its not hard at all to make them "fast" even though they weight a good amount. hell there are people drifting these cars with stock 7m's that are 5 speed swapped with no problems. as for the whole "original" this im am far from it with this car there are alot of people all over the world that build these things there just not main stream cars so you dont hear about them. a 240 would be cool to have if you didnt have to pay a arm and a leg to get a good one thats worth the time to mess with one but i do like the fact that there are parts every were for them and for cheap and thats all they have going for them in my eyes. i would also love a fc again but i dont ever see that happening. i couldnt really care if i wreck the car its just you never really know what will happen. i plan in going up to minnesota to drift also and they drift on figure 8 tracks with walls all around them and i dont know if my car will straighten up on me and make me go right at the wall or what.(seen it happen to a guy in his s13) i dont really care about "wasting" my time and money by trashing the car i building it to have fun in

stock 7m

stock 1jz swap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:11 am 
Proven Drifter

4 door drift cars are cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm 
Kansei Drifter

Cars are made to beat on. That's the whole point in building one. I dropped loads of money in my fc painting it and what not and I beat the shot out of it every weekend in the mountains. Yeah it sucks when something breaks after all that money spent but that's life just make sure you have funds to fix it before thrashing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:19 pm 
Proven Drifter

got me a roof spoiler today. i just cant decide if i want to deal with the cold to install it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm 
Proven Drifter

wait tell she warms, certain body parts become very difficult in the cold, they harden and become brittle.

--Korea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:30 pm 
Proven Drifter

I can tell a difference in it from when I picked it up to it sitting in my place for a hour. It felt like it was going brake on me just holding it out side but inside it feels strong. So ill be waiting till spring to put it on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 pm 
Proven Drifter

Got off work tonight and felt like working on it alittle took the hood and grill off and pulled almost all all the wiring to get the motor ready to pull. Just have to take the rest of the front end off unbolted the a/c compressor and remove the manifolds then I can pull the swap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 am 
Proven Drifter

menskmoon wrote:
Dumb stuff.

Am I the only one thinking "who is this guy?" Seriously, dishing out some of the worst advice ever. Stick to the "nice ride" comments, dude. And why do your posts end with sentences that look like spam?

thejrman, I like the change of direction. It is definitely what the car needed. The 1J will be a blast. Stock twin setup for now (I assume you're not going with the VVTi engine)? Also, I think the meshies can be saved with a slightly smaller tire, lowering, and color change on that pops more against the burgandy body. It's awesome that you Cressida dudes have SerialNine pumping out legit suspension parts for these things. Looking forward to more updates.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 am 
Proven Drifter

More thoughts...

In regard to the front mount, it shouldn't interfere with your AC condenser. Usually, the AC condenser is located in line with the radiator core support so you have the radiator on the engine side, condenser in the middle, and then front mount on the bumper side. Really all that might need to be done is cut up the front bumper a bit. If push comes to shove, I know a guy who can make you up a sweet bash bar. :wink: Unless you were really talking about doing a mid-mount setup in which there is little hope for saving AC. If you need to make custom lines, you can pick up the bits here: http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.ph ... nditioning. Actually, can you bolt the 2J AC pump directly onto the 1J? That should be your first question to answer. That will make it all really simple and prevent you from having to recharge the system. Don't disassemble the AC lines until you figure that out!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:21 am 
Feint Drifter

Nice quote job. Who lives in Nebraska? What a piece of shit. Rabble rabble ding dong spam?

1987 Mazda RX-7 TII
1986 Chevy RX-7
1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 am 
Proven Drifter

menskmoon wrote:
why put money into trying to make such a tank "fast"?...just talking out of my ass...don't risk it by sliding around like a dumbass...

How's that? A better representation? Sick come back trying to dog on Nebraska. I am from Nebraska and, would you look at that, so is the O.P.. You do realize that the D in KCDA stands for "drift" not "try to drive as fast as you can around cones for 32 seconds." Most people here are into...um...drifting. Also, I feel compelled to compliment you on your collection of FC's. With them so prominently displayed, you are obviously proud of them.

OP - sorry to shit on your thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 pm 
Proven Drifter

steven wrote:
menskmoon wrote:
Dumb stuff.

Am I the only one thinking "who is this guy?" Seriously, dishing out some of the worst advice ever. Stick to the "nice ride" comments, dude. And why do your posts end with sentences that look like spam?

thejrman, I like the change of direction. It is definitely what the car needed. The 1J will be a blast. Stock twin setup for now (I assume you're not going with the VVTi engine)? Also, I think the meshies can be saved with a slightly smaller tire, lowering, and color change on that pops more against the burgandy body. It's awesome that you Cressida dudes have SerialNine pumping out legit suspension parts for these things. Looking forward to more updates.

yeah i am planing on getting a non vvti 1j from dewey at jdmhookup in stl (trying to talk him into getting me a jzx81 front cut)
as for the meshies the only thing i dont like about them is that there 15's i want to go with some 18's i think bigger rims will look better/raise my car up(frame rails are about 3.5 inches off the ground) and i wont nuke the tires as easy.
i cant wait till i can order the serial nine shit for my car. i have a buddy that has the the coils on his cressida and there really nice beside for the helper springs the guy he got the car form put on them.

steven wrote:
More thoughts...

In regard to the front mount, it shouldn't interfere with your AC condenser. Usually, the AC condenser is located in line with the radiator core support so you have the radiator on the engine side, condenser in the middle, and then front mount on the bumper side. Really all that might need to be done is cut up the front bumper a bit. If push comes to shove, I know a guy who can make you up a sweet bash bar. :wink: Unless you were really talking about doing a mid-mount setup in which there is little hope for saving AC. If you need to make custom lines, you can pick up the bits here: http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.ph ... nditioning. Actually, can you bolt the 2J AC pump directly onto the 1J? That should be your first question to answer. That will make it all really simple and prevent you from having to recharge the system. Don't disassemble the AC lines until you figure that out!

i have been thinking about getting a hold of your brother about a bash bar because im going to need one sooner or later and just to hit you guys up sence your in/from Lincoln because me and a few buddys want to get a drift scene started out here

the ac pumps should mount the same form the 1j to the 2j so i just plan on unbolting the pump for the block and letting it sit there as i pull the motor

steven wrote:
OP - sorry to shit on your thread.

is no big deal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next